This Creamy and Delicious Beef and Shells recipe is just the thing you need to satisfy your life. It is a hearty and filling pasta dish that is perfect for any meal of the day. Plus it is simple and fast to make as well as being rich, flavorful and beefalicious. Your entire family will fall in love with this dish.
Pasta is one of my favorite things to eat.
And one in particular which is Beef and Shells is so amazingly tasty. It is filled with beef, always creamy, and the flavors are bursting in your mouth.
If you never had it before, one thing I can compare it to is like the old hamburger helpers you probably have eaten before when you were a kid. It literally tastes exactly like it!
It’s a great meal to have any time of the day because it is so hearty and filling.
You have the rich tomato sauce mixed in with the beef broth, mix that with the soft pasta shells and beef meat. It is basically a meal fit for a king.
Not only that, but the best thing about this dish is that it is fast and easy to make. Taking only about 30 minutes of your day and you’ll be able to have one of the best meals ever.
You will absolutely love this dish!
Why You Should Make Beef And Shells?
Hearty: Since this dish is loaded with lots of carbs and protein, it is enough to keep you full for hours on end.
Keeps Well: This dish will remain delicious even if you decide to eat it the next day or the day after.
Better Than Restaurants: Since you are making this dish from scratch, you are able to customize it however you want. Which means it is automatically better than any restaurant made beef and shells.
Ingredients In This Beef And Shells Recipe?
This recipe is extremely easy to make as it only uses a few ingredients which you most likely have or can easily get.
The exact measurements are listed down below, but the ingredients you’ll need are as listed:
Main Ingredients (Must Use)
Beef: The name of this dish is called beef and shells, which means you are definitely going to be needing beef.
Pasta Shells: To be honest, you could really use any type of pasta you want. However since the recipe is called beef and shells, we’ll be using the shell pasta.
Onions: We use onions in this recipe for added flavor
Beef Broth: Beef broth is used to add more flavor as well as some liquid to the dish.
Tomato Sauce: Tomato sauce helps add to the flavor of the dish.
Flour: We use flour in this recipe as a thickener for the sauce.
Heavy Cream: We use Heavy Cream in this recipe to help make the dish more creamier.
Additional Ingredients (Optional)
Beef and Shells is basically a really simple recipe consisting of beef meat and pasta shells.
But because you are making this from scratch, you have the option of adding in anything you want.
For instance, one of my favorite things to add is mushrooms. Diced mushrooms work really well in this dish.
Also if you want to add any other vegetables in the dish, you totally can!
It is very versatile.
- Salt and Pepper
How Do You Make Beef And Shells?
Making Beef and Shells is a very simple thing to do.
The first step to making beef and shells is to prepare the pasta.
In a large pot, boil your pasta shells until they turn al dente. After that, set the pot aside for now.
Grab your onion and dice it up nicely. Then set it aside.
Grab your garlic and dice it up nicely. Then set it aside.
Grab a large skillet and put some oil in it on medium high heat. Once the pan gets hot enough, you’ll want to put in your ground beef and start cooking. You want to cook the beef until it has turned brown and then take it off the stove.
Put the cooked beef into a bowl for now and set it aside.
Once the beef is removed from the pan, you’ll be using the same pan to do the prepping.
Into the pan, you’ll be putting in your diced onions. Make sure to stir and cook it until the onions have become translucent. Once the onions have become translucent, you’ll want to throw in your garlic and cook until fragrant.
Now its time to pour in the flour and mix things until the flour is mixed in completely and has turned a bit brown.
After the flour is cooked, you’ll be adding in your beef broth and tomato sauce. You’ll want to mix everything and bring the mixture to a boil.
Once the mixture is boiling, you’ll reduce the heat and let it simmer. Wait for a few minutes while also stirring at times until the mixture has slightly thickened.
Now its time to throw finish the dish.
Into the mixture, you’ll want to put in your pasta shells and beef that you have set aside. Also add in your heavy cream now. Season the mixture with some salt and pepper for taste.
You’ll want to stir everything until it all gets mixed together.
Now it is time to serve.
An optional step you can do at this point is to stir in some cheese until melted which adds some extra flavor. But that is up to you.
Other than that, your beef and shells will taste delicious.
Substitutions In This Recipe
While this dish is a very beginner friendly dish, there are still a few things where you can change out if you want.
Meat: This recipe uses ground beef, but you don’t have to use ground beef if you don’t want to. You can use chicken, pork, seafood or any other protein you want.
Pasta: This recipe uses shells for the pasta since the name is beef and shells. But if you aren’t able to find shells or just don’t like them, you can use any type of pasta you want.
Tips For Making This Dish
- To help prevent the pasta from getting to soggy, you’ll want to cook it to just about al dente so that when you add it with the sauce, the further cooking that happens won’t make the pasta that soggy.
Storing Beef And Shells
Storing: I am usually able to store this in the refrigerator for around 3 to 4 days at most.
Reheating: You should be able to reheat this dish just fine by either the microwave or using the stove. Either way works.
Freezing: I have never tried freezing this as I usually always finish it, but it should be able to freeze just like any other foods you make.
Please let me know how you like this recipe down in the comments below. I always love reading feedback and seeing all the creative alternatives you have decided to change in this recipe.
Also if you want to see more pasta recipes, do click on this link here.
Beef and Shells
- 8 Ounces Pasta Shell Pasta
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 3/4 Small Sweet Onion
- 2 1/2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Cup Beef Broth
- 15 Ounce Tomato Sauce About the size of 1 can
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- Black Pepper
- Oil Any oil is fine
- You want to first get your pasta ready. In a large pot, boil some water and cook your pasta shells. Once the pasta is al dente, you'll want to stop cooking and set it aside.
- Grab a large skillet and pour some oil into it. Turn the heat to medium high and once it is hot enough, you'll want to put in your beef. Cook your ground beef until it has become a brownish color. Once your beef is done cooking, put the beef into a bowl and set it aside.
- Dice up some onions into small pieces. Then dice up some garlic into small pieces.
- Into the same skillet, you'll want to put in your onions and cook them until they are translucent. Once your onions are ready, you'll want to pour in your garlic and cook them together until it gets fragrant.
- After that, you'll want to add in the flour and cook things until it becomes slightly brown.
- Pour in your beef broth and tomato sauce and mix things together. Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn down the heat. Let it simmer for a few minutes or until things get slightly thickened up.
- Once the mixture is ready, you'll want to pour in your heavy cream and continue mixing.
- Now its time to add into the skillet your beef and pasta that you have set aside. Make sure to stir and mix things completely so that everything gets coated in that rich and creamy sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper for taste.
- You are now ready to serve!
- Before you serve, you can stir in some cheddar cheese to give it some extra flavor. This is totally optional however and you don't have to do it.