Avocado Toast is a trendy food dish that is simple to make and delicious to eat. Insanely Rich and creamy, it is the perfect meal to jump start your day.
Avocado Toast has been trending the news these past few years as being something of a superfood meal to kick start your day. It is full of nutritional values and also has a ton of flavor in each and every bite.
Plus it is so simple to make and so customization that you can literally make all kinds of different versions of avocado toast.
I remember when I first saw avocado toast trending in the news. I was wondering why it was getting so much attention. It wasn’t before till I tried it for the first time at a cafe did I finally realize what made it so popular. It was literally the most creamiest and flavorful toast I had ever had. And I instantly fell in love with it.
I guarantee you will also like it as well if you never tried it before.
Why You Should Make Avocado Toast
Nutritious: Avocados are packed full of nutritional goodness. One entire avocado will give you all the vitamins and energy you need to jump start your day.
Cheap: Lets be honest, when you order avocado toast at a restaurant, it is usually pretty expensive. Maybe $6 to 10 dollars just for some toast and avocado. That to me is insane. Instead you can make your own avocado toast at home just by buying some toast and some ripe avocados which will be much cheaper than buying it from a restaurant.
Better Than Restaurants: Because you are making this recipe from scratch, you can put a lot of personal touches to this item to make it suit your tastes better.
For instance, in this recipe we are making today, we are making Avocado Toast 3 ways.
What Goes Into Making Avocado Toast?
Avocado Toast is literally just some avocados and some toast.
All you basically do is take the avocado and mash it up into a creamy spread then put it on the toast. It is literally that simple.
However just having avocados on a toast can be pretty boring. Which is why in this recipe we will try to spice things up.
We will have 1 avocado toast with red chili flakes, one with tomatoes and one with a poached egg.
This way you can have 3 different varieties to choose from and each one of them will make your mouth water.
Substitutions In This Recipe
There isn’t really that many substitutions you can make in this recipe as it consists of very few ingredients.
Because this recipe is about Avocado Toast, you can’t really change out the avocado or the toast part otherwise it wouldn’t be the same anymore.
However there are some simple things you can do if you want.
You are able to change the kind of toast you use. For instance, in this photos of the recipe I am using whole grain bread. But you are free to use any bread you want like white bread, 0 carb bread or any other type of bread you want.
As for the toppings, we are going to be using chili flakes, tomatoes and egg. But you are able to top it with anything you want. Like chopped onions, garlic, fruits, maybe some smoked salmon or anything else you want.
It is very customizable.
What To Pair This With?
Avocado Toast goes great with many different kind of things.
For instance, it makes for a perfect side item to some coffee or juice.
Or if you want to pair it with some food items, yogurt, pancakes, sandwiches or any other breakfast items make for a great pairing as well.
But to be honest, you can literally pair it up with any kind of food you want. After all it is just a piece of toast with some avocado spread on it.
In fact, one of my favorite things to do while eating avocado toast is to pair it up with some Greek Yogurt. That combination tastes fantastic!
Tips For Making This Dish
- To get the seed out of the avocado, just use a knife and cut down on the seed. Then twist it in any direction. The seed will pop out easily.
- If you don’t have a masher to mash your avocado, you can simply use a fork to do the same thing.
- When you are poaching your egg, try to put some vinegar in the water first before you drop your egg in. This way it’ll help keep the egg more intact.
Storing Avocado Toast
Storing: I wouldn’t recommend storing this for more than a day. The avocado can turn brown very fast.
Freezing: I have never tried freezing this as I usually always finish it, but it should be able to freeze just like any other foods you make. But I wouldn’t recommend doing this if you were thinking about it.
Please let me know how you like this recipe down in the comments below. I always love reading feedback and seeing all the creative alternatives you have decided to change in this recipe.
Also if you want to see more breakfast recipes, do click on this link here.
- 1 Slice of Bread
- 1/2 Avocado
- Red Chili Flakes Optional
- Tomatoes Optional
- Egg Optional
- First you want to grab your slice of bread and toast it up until it is nice and firm.
- Slice open your avocado in half and remove the seed from the avocado. Using a spoon, you want to scoop out the flesh of the avocado and put it into a bowl.
- Use a masher or a fork and mash it up until it is a smooth paste. Then season it with a pinch of salt for taste.
- Spread the avocado spread over the top of your toast.
- It is that simple! Enjoy your meal!
(Optional) Red Chili Flakes
- On top of your avocado toast, you can add some red chili flakes for that extra kick of flavor.
- Grab a tomato and cut 3 to 4 thin slices. Place the tomatoes on the avocado toast.
- Crack and egg open into a bowl. Do not break the yolk.
- Bring a pot of water to simmering levels. Then add a dash of vinegar into the water.
- Using any utensil, start stirring the water to make it spin around. While the water is spinning, quickly drop your egg into the middle of the spinning water. Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes and take it out.
- Gently place the egg on top of the avocado toast.